Followers

Friday 17 February 2012

Maddie

Good Evening...

Nearly the weekend....

It's back to work for me next week and I haven't done half the things I wanted to get done. I've been full of a cold the last few days. Why do we always get ill when we're on holiday ??

Today's card is another of Krista's lovely Saturated Canary images. I know it's a rather wintry image and I'm so looking forward to spring, but this is for a friends birthday and she used to be an International ice skater, so it suits her to a tee. Brown and turquoise are her favourite colours too.



I have used this weeks sketch from the Saturday Sketch Challenge (#194) to base my card on.

I have been playing around trying to shade and create the folds of her skirt...a bit more practice needed I think. There are some great videos on youtube. It's fantastic that these very talented ladies take the time to share their skills. It's very much appreciated.

Here's a close up.


And a side view. I have dyed the turquoise flowers myself and am quite pleased with the outcome, although they don't look quite as bright in real life.




Card Ingredients.

Image : Saturated Canary 'Maddie'
Papers : First Edition 'Isobelle'

Coloured with Copics :
Skin : E000, E00, E11, R20
Leg & Arm Warmers : E40, E42, E43 & 70% French Grey Prisma
Leggings : E40 E41 & Putty Beige
Dress & Mittens : BG10, BG11, BG13 & Parrot Green
Blades : C0, C3, C5
Hair : E50, E23, E25 & Dark Umber

Tools : EK Success Leaf Punch, Marianne Design LR0152 Doily, Spellbinders Create a flake 1
Embellies : WOC flowers and lace
Sentiment : Lili of the Valley

That's it from me for now.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Thanks for popping by and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Hugs  
Janine xx

5 comments:

BrossArtAddiction said...

Wow fabulous! Such beautiful colors and flowers used! Great image too! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

Jo said...

This is beautiful, I love that colour combo too.
Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday
Jo xx

coops said...

so stunning janine.the sc image is gorgeous and i love your colour combo and details :D

xx coops xx

Susie Little said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing our sketch at Sketch Saturday!xx

Teresa said...

Hello Janine,
A pretty card with lot's of detail, you are doing well with your blog don't worry we are all like that when we start off .
Teresa x