Followers

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Tilda with Winding Flowers


Good evening Blogger friends...

I have a card for you today which I've coloured with Distress Markers. I was lucky enough to get some for my Birthday a few weeks ago. Thanks Mum & Dad :-)

I've coloured a few images with them, I think this was the second. I've really been enjoying using them, although I have a lot to learn. I find it very relaxing and I can pretend I've got some artistic talent because I'm holding a paintbrush. lol.


Today's card is the lovely Tilda with Winding Flowers...




Sorry about the photos, but I just don't seem to be able to get the right settings. Any tips on what settings to have my camera on would be appreciated.

The little tag at the top has a discreet '50' on it. A lady doesn't always want to broadcast her age does she? My daughter is giving it to her boyfriend's Mum.



The papers are Raspberry Road Antebellum except for the inside of the card where I used Raspberry Road Always & Forever. They've been distressed with Vintage Photo ink.

The flowers are from WOC. I did try to make my own, but I wasn't happy with them. First I tried rolled roses and then I tried hand made roses using five petal flower punches. Spent loads of time faffing about only to throw them in the bin and grab some WOC ones.

I think the lace is also from WOC and I've died it with black tea to give it an antique look. Pearls and ribbon are from The Hobby House.

Here's a closer look at Tilda.


I positioned the little butterfly to make it look like it was flying out of her hand.The larger butterfly is a Cheery Lynn die. 

I enjoyed making this card as I got to use lots of my new purchases I bought at the Whichcraft show recently.


Card Recipe

Skin: Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo & Aged Mahogany
Top: Worn Lipstick
Flowers: Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade
Leaves: Peeled Paint
Shoes: Antique Linen & Worn Lipstick
Hair: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain
Grass: Bundled Sage, Forest Moss & Walnut Stain
Skirt: Bundled Sage
Outline: Tumbled Glass

Tools: Tim Holtz - Vintage Market; Cheery Lynn - Small exotic Butterflies, Olive Branches & Swedish Spring Oval frame (inside); die-namics - mini tabs quartet: Doo Hickey - So Wrapped Lovely Heart


I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps - #33 Sketch by Nadell
Deep Ocean Challenge - #28 Welcome Summer
Fairytale Challenge - #44 Soft Colour Tones
Allsorts Challenge- #160 Any die will do
Cute Card Thursday - #222 Here Comes Summer


I'd just like to say a big warm welcome to my new followers. Also a big thanks to everyone who has left such lovely comments.


Hugs,
Janine xx




14 comments:

Eileen said...

This is absolutely lovely Janine. Such delicate colours and fabulous layout. Love your choice of papers... Love it
Eileen x

Mynn xx said...

This is so cute! LOVE the soft and fabulous colors you used--and your image is darling and colored perfectly! :)

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card, your colouring is beautiful and wow I do like the colours you've used.

jacqui x

coops said...

so beautiful janine.gorgeous pretty image and details and i love your colours ;D

xx coops xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is Siimply Stunning Janine..
Your colouring is amazing. Wonderful papers and layout.

hugs Kelly

Jenny said...

What a beauty! Love your colours and layout.

Photo tips - Well I find you need the 'macro' zoom on the camera to pic up details, so check your camera for that. I also find that I can only take pic's in natural light. can still be difficult if its a cloudy day, but that helps to give you min shadows on your project. I see you already use a white background which helps. I also take LOADS of pics and crop them to get the best ones, and take from every angle, like you have in your photo montage. Hope that helps :-)

Claudia said...

Hello Janine,

this is really gorgeous. Your colouring is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Fairy Tale Challenge and good luck!

Hugs

Claudia

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card Janine. Love the colours - you have matched the colouring to the papers perfectly. Must try a softer colour scheme myself sometime - I have these papers but always seem to go for the brighter colours. Love the Tilda image.
Love Sharon. x

Fleur said...

A beautiful card Janine, gorgeously coloured. Just a tip for your rolled roses, I do mine on card, I print my digi papers on to thin card or stick the papers to some thin card before cutting, it makes the rose a bit sturdier and easier to shape.
Hope that helps
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and the colours you have chosen :-)
Thanks for joining us over at Addicted to Stamps
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxx

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card! Beautiful DP,I love the soft colours and the what an adorable Tilda! Thanks for joining us at ATSC. hugs, Marlies

Kathleen said...

Hi Janine, wow this is just gorgeous, love the soft colouring, its so beautiful
Hugs
Kat xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Janine! Lovely colours and colouring!

Sarah x

Unknown said...

Enjoying your cards. Hope you are having a great summer!